Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More Abel Tasman...


This is a buddy of mine. He is not human. Nor an otter. I think otters are rad as. He is a sea monster. A seal monster. A seala monster. A sealamonster and I'm a eat you! No, he didn't try to eat me, luckily. He was interested in my map though.


Later in the trip we found classic Abel Tamsan weather. This is a shot Wheels took of me while we were flaoting along in heaven. Five minutes after this photo was taken a conversation took place. It went as follows...

Me- Bro, these rocks look like clouds!!! (referring to the cliff/rock lined shores)
Wheels- But there are no clouds!!!

It was amazing. What's even more amazing, (well actually it's not quite as amazing, but I'll tell it anyway) is the story I heard of a woman that circumnavigated the entire South Island and SKIPPED Abel Tasman NP completely, by cutting over to the Marlborough Sounds from Farwell Spit. Silly girl!

You can see the Southern Alps from the top flight of stairs at the Uni library. This is a discovery I made the other day.

3 comments:

easteighth said...

Do you have a BACKREST on that kayak?? Damn...you are lazy as...

Tom&Sof said...

Hey Cooper, it's me Tom.

I just watched your video and I thought, how did you not crash when your helmet broke and covered you eyes?

that was the most outrageous video I have ever seen.Thanks for putting it on the web I loved it.

Tom&Sof said...

Hi Cooper, its me Sophie.

I just watched your video. It was awesome and cool. When I watched your video I wondered how you kayaked backwards. It looked kind of scary, but it looks fun for you. I hope I see you this year. I also looked at some of the pictures. I loved them.

Good bye Cooper it was nice seeing your web good bye.